FAQ: correct setting of audio - the principle of setting the acoustic path in the Analog Brave Slim doorphone:
We use three parameters 71, 72 and 73 to adjust the sound performance.
Using the interaction of these three parameters, the sound performance can be set for different conditions.
1. a quiet environment, the parameters 71, 72, 73 are set to 7
2. an environment where there is a strong ambient noise at the communicator/doorphone´s place of installation, and at the same time, with a quiet environment at the phone´s place. In this situation it is necessary to reduce the microphone´s gain (parameter 72 = 1-3) and also change the ratio of the parameters 71/73 in a way to enlarge the 73 parameter (parameter 73 = 11-15) and set the 71 parameter to a smaller value (71 = 2-4)
3. an environment where there is a strong ambient noise at the phone´s place, and at the same time, where there is a quiet environment at the communicator/doorphone. In this situation we keep the parameter 72 on value 7 and parameters 73 and 71 are set as follows: parameter 71 = 11-14 and 73 = 2-4
The principle of setting parameters is the following:
the signal from the microphone is amplified by the sum of parameters 72+71 = volume of microphone and the signal to the speaker is amplified by the sum of parameters 71+73 = volume of speaker.
To switch the direction of audio, the ratio of parameters is evaluated ( so called threshold) 73/72.
- If the parameter 72 is greater than the parameter 73, then the doorphone/communicator is favoring the direction from the microphone. We choose it when the direction to the phone is being interrupted.
- If the parameter 73 is greater than the parameter 72, then the doorphone/communicator is favoring the direction to the speaker. We choose it if the sound is being interrupted in the speaker of communicator/doorphone.